Speed made easy:
BENETEAU FIRST 36
Welcome to the latest model in our new breed of high-performance cruiser-racers.
With a weight of 4,8 tons and an upwind sail area of 80 square meters, the new First 36 simply presents a different sailing experience.
Actually, we believe this is the first time a mainstream-production boat with full-cruising facilities, a mid-market price tag and the full support of a worldwide dealer network has been pushed this far towards true high-performance sailing.
But what we are really proud of is making this level of fast, fun sailing available to everyone. Because First 36 has made speed easy, we believe you will simply sail more.
The main difference from most of the other boats labelled as cruiser-racer is this: In a First 36 you are no longer locked in displacement speed. The main reason for this is its significantly lower weight.
Going 9, 10 or 11 knots instead of 5, 6 or 7 knots makes sailing more fun. It also makes your cruising radius bigger. You will not only enjoy sailing more with this boat. You will also spend more time under sail.
Naval architect: Samuel Manuard
He is currently the hottest name in offshore racing, where his designs are winning Mini, Class 40, and IMOCA 60 classes. He is also the designer of the new First and First SE from 14ft to 27ft.
Structural engineering: Pure Design & Engineering
The team from New Zealand was in charge of engineering at some of the most extreme projects in the world of extreme sailing: TP52s, AC75, AC72, IMOCA 60s, and Club Swan, as well as high-end production yachts.
Design: Lorenzo Argento
First 36 follows the same design language of her larger sister – First Yacht 53 – building on the timeless aesthetic of Lorenzo’s work, most notably seen on the Wally and Brenta yachts.
Innovation and research: Gigodesign
This industrial design studio’s design research and innovation insights with multiple Red Dot awards were essential in locking in and developing innovation opportunities.
How it was done
The entire boat is a vacuum-infused, fully-cored GRP composite structure—including bulkheads and most interior parts. Almost all interior elements contribute to the structural strength of the boat.
Variety of sailing styles
First 36 is designed to fit a variety of sailing styles: cruising with family and friends, shorthanded sailing, club racing or distance racing with a full crew.
To facilitate all of this, the cockpit has two distinct modes: one for racing/shorthanded sailing and one for cruising.
In racing mode, the open T-cockpit has space enough to move effortlessly between ergonomic work positions
More than just 36 feet
The living quarters below deck are a reinvented layout of the legendary First 40,7. Their huge volume comes as a natural consequence of the modern, performance-optimized lines of the hull.
Hull length: 11,00 m / 36’ 1”
Beam: 3,80 m / 12’ 6”
Preliminary displacement (MLC): 4800 kg / 10580 lbs
Draft standard keel: 2,25 m / 7’ 4,6”
Ballast: 1550 kg / 3420 lbs
Upwind sail area: 80 m2 / 860 sq. ft
Downwind sail area: 180 m2 / 1930 sq. ft
Retail recommended ex-works price:
EUR 218.000 ex VAT
- SAILS PACK – North Sails laminate mainsail and jib
- FRACTIONAL FURLING GENNAKER – 58 m2 / 624 ft2, furler Facnor FX+2500
- MASTHEAD GENNAKER – 141 m2 / 1518 ft2
ELECTRONICS & ELECTRICITY
- COSTAL PACK – B&G Triton2 (2x Triton display, hull transducer, wind sensor, V60 VHF with H60 wireless handset, NAIS 500 AIS transponder)*
- PLOTTER – Zeus3 9’’ Multifunctional display*
- AUTOPILOT – B&G NAC-3 Autopilot, WR10 Autopilot Wireless Remote*
- MAST DISPLAY – B&G Nemesis mast display with bracket*
- SOLAR PANEL*
- 700W CONVERTER
- RADIO – Fusion radio with indoor and outdoor speakers
*or comparable from other suppliers
- BOWSPRIT WITH ANCHOR KIT – GRP bowsprit with integrated anchor crane, electric windlass 700W by Quick
- GENNAKER RUNNING RIGGING PACK – gennakers sheets and block, tackline
- CARBON MAST – deck-stepped Axxon 9/10 carbon mast, Dyform standing rigging (automatically with any gennaker and bowsprit)
- HYDRAULICS BACKSTAY – Harken 6 Integral Backstay Cylinder
- REMOVABLE COCKPIT BOXES – bench extension and additional cockpit storage
- REMOVABLE COCKPIT TABLE
- PLOTTER BRACKET – at the steering wheels
- MOORING PACK – 4 mooring ropes, 4 Outiles Ocean cubic fenders
- SUN TENT
- LAZY BAG
- JIB ROLL COVER
- COCKPIT SHOWER
- COCKPIT CUSHIONS
- FRIDGE – 12V fridge compressor in central ice-box
- WATER HEATER – Quick B3 Waterheater (25 L / 6.6 US Gal) with electric heater and thermostatic mixing valve
- SEAWATER PUMP – Electric water pump for seawater in the galley with mixing tap
- GALLEY EXTENSION PANEL
- DIESEL FORCED AIR HEATING – Webasto heater with installation
- SIGNATURE UPHOLSTERY in saloon and cabins
- LEE CLOTH KIT AFT CABINS
- BLINDS AND MOSQUITO NETS on cabin hatches